Adolescents often face significant hardships and struggles during their teen years as they form their personal identity.
- Adolescent therapy offers help with common emotional, social, school, and behavioral health problems (stress, anxiety, depressed mood, academic, self-esteem, behavioral and conduct problems) using cognitive-behavioral, mindfulness-, and strengths-based therapy practices.
- We emphasize how to change & relate to negative and unhelpful thoughts and feelings they may be experiencing in healthy ways as they become the person they want to be.
- We put a focus on highlighting a person’s character strengths to activate their psychological processes of acceptance and commitment to personal values.
- Adolescent therapists teach how to mindfully make a habit of tapping into one’s inner character strengths to manage problems, face challenges, and to build resilience and positive well-being.
- In adolescent therapy, we supplement taught therapy skills by offering on our website a new and innovative “Strengths Gym” for youth to use in between appointments for them to engage in strong mind strengths training so they can make progress as quickly and effectively as possible.